After receiving many inquiries we’ve decided to make our new TopPlace™ API available to select clients and partners.
In essence the API provides the same data that is used to generate our plug & play Location Scores:
- Location Scores (for each of the 4 activity categories: Sightseeing, Eating, Shopping and Nightlife)
- Nearby Top Venues & POIs (most popular venues for each category near a given coordinate)
- Venue display Language (includes both the original and translated versions of venue names)
There are many potential uses, here are a few:
- Enhanced hotel search options (for example: “best hotel locations for nightlife”)
- Enhanced programmatic ranking of hotels & apartments (to achieve a more relevant and targeted display order for hotel listings)
- Custom made applications & use of top POIs (customized maps, native apps etc)
- Improved targeting of advertising campaigns (better SEO)
The API provides data with worldwide coverage.
The new TopPlace™ API is already available via the AVUXI Dashboard, but activation needs to be requested separately. We’re granting access on a case-by-case basis.
The new API is more intuitive and very easy to use, here are some screenshots:
We strongly encourage using our plug & play TopPlace™ suite, because it’s a much easier and faster way to integrate our products. However, in some specific cases an API may be a more suitable option. If that is your case, feel free to request your API access via the AVUXI Dashboard.